Very special thanks and much gratitude to Just A Young Reader (https://justayoungreader.wordpress.com) for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
The rules for nomination are:
Display the icon of the award.
Answer all 11 given questions.
Nominate 5 notable blogs which have at most 200 followers.
Create 11 fresh questions for the bloggers to answer.
My Answers to Just A Young Reader’s Questions:
1. What inspired the name of your blog?
I wanted something simple that would state my blog’s purpose and what it is I am trying to do. “Paul Writes” just seemed to fit.
2. What inspired you to blog what you blog?
I have always wanted to be a writer, it seems. From a young age, I was always crafting stories. The blog gives me a means to showcase both current and older works to a potentially wider audience than my circle of friends at home. I started out online in poetry and writing groups, and eventually ended up writing my first book, Resurrection Diaries, in a blog similar to this one.
3. What do you consider as your most favorite blog post?
I have a hard time selecting a fave, but I really do enjoy working on my serialized paranormal teen adventure, “Vampire Boys Of Summer”. And hopefully, the readers who drop by like it, too.
4. How you feel about your nomination for the Liebster Award?
I consider it an honor that anyone would nominate me for anything. To be recognized by an individual for my work is truly what my writing has been about from the beginning. To bring enjoyment and entertainment to others through the written word. Whether it’s poetry or short stories, it’s all about making others feel something, so I’m very grateful to be nominated.
5. What is your preferred topic to blog about?
Though I like exploring various themes and topics, I really enjoy paranormal stories, as they allow me to play with, not just the reader’s imagination, but my own.
6. What is your favorite food, and what thoughts does it instigate as you are reading this question?
Chinese. Right now I’m thinking sweet and sour chicken for lunch. Beyond that however, I’m thinking I need to write a scene that takes place in an Asian restaurant.
7. If you were to choose anything (including people) to blog about at this moment, what would it be?
I think it would be interesting to blog about how music influences nearly everything about us. As a writer, and even in terms of my personality, I find music to be a big influence on how I view myself and my world.
8. How do you feel about your blog,e.g. Do you feel proud of it, do you feel it could gain more followers, etc.?
Yes, I am proud of my blog. It seems to have come a long way in just a few months. I have had the blog for a year or two, but I wasn’t really doing anything with it. Now, I am posting in it daily , and I have watched it gain momentum. I’m happy with its growth spurt, and I would love to see it grow even further. My short term goal is 100 followers. Still, hashing out my long term goals 😉
9. Who or what would you consider as the chief driving force behind the creation of your blog?
My love of creating stories. I love making up stories in my head so the blog helps me get them out of there and into written form. My wife has also been a driving factor. As I read my work to her, I get a feel for what works and what doesn’t. Her excitement over my latest serial compelled me to start including it on the blog, and inspiring me to get back to work on my writing.
10. How do you manage your blog, e.g. How do you keep it clean and organized?
I’m not sure that I keep it very clean 😉 I guess I try to make custom categories, and apply an image to each, so that the reader can visually recognize something they are following or interested in. I also like to apply latest posts with the ‘featured’ tag, so they will be at the top of the page. Other than that, my organization is pretty lax at the moment.
11. What is your favorite part about blogging?
I enjoy sharing my work in this kind of medium. Before the blog experience, I did the groups and forum thing, and before that I just shared with family and friends. The blog has the potential of having my writing being seen by a wider audience. I firmly believe that in the art of storytelling, keeping it to yourself almost defeats the purpose. Stories are meant to be told, and every reader helps the story breathe itself into life.
My Five Nominees
The girl you never noticed thediaryofaninvisibleordinarygirl.wordpress.com
Cupcakes & horror horrorandcupcakes.wordpress.com
My Eleven Questions
1. Who was the first person to inspire or encourage your blog?
2. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
3. Do you prefer silence or background noise when you write?
4. What song would be the theme song for your blog?
5. If your blog were made into a movie, who would play you (or one of your characters)?
6. In terms of blog growth, what do you prefer, more likes or more followers?
7. Favorite time of day (or night) to write?
8. Favorite place or setting to write?
9. At this very moment in time who or what inspires you most?
10. If you could live in any book as any character, which book and character would you choose?
11. Are there any other places besides WordPress where others can read your work?
About this nominee
I’m Paul D Aronson, author and blogger from Virginia. In my blog, I write mostly serialized paranormal fiction, short stories, and poetry. My first book, the paranormal thriller, Resurrection Diaries, is available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Lulu in print format. Digital versions are also available for Kindle, Nook, and Ipads from those outlets.